Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Goals for 2011 :: Q1 Status

My Goals for 2011 are always in the back of my mind but they have proven to be difficult to achieve.  An endlessly sick/teething/fussy child who is back to taking short naps, and working really put a wrench into any progress on goals.  This is where I'm at: 
  • Organize the pantry in the kitchen -ACHIEVED!! When Lina was in a long nap phase. 
  • Wean from the pump - ACHIEVED!! Zippity doo dah, zippity aye...freedom. 
  • Paint, have a back splash installed in the kitchen, and find some fab curtains to hang around the slider - I keep trying to convince Chris to make a trip to the tile store with me but I get the feeling he isn't really digging this goal. We did make a pilgrimage to the paint store though and asked for some help choosing a color that would work nicely with our family room and dining room colors.  At the moment, we are leaning toward Moroccan Spice. I think it will look nice if we choose a lighter back splash. 
  • Convert the existing office into a playroom for Evelina - I have started to put my vision together for the room and we selected a color that will compliment the other colors on the first floor (Wheatfield).  I'm not sure if I'm in love with it, but the swatches I painted are starting to grow on me.  In the next week or so, Chris and I are going to start clearing out the room. 
  • Hold a yard sale - Chris and I talk about this each time we walk through the basement. We need to dedicate a weekend to go through everything we have and decide what we want to include in the yard sale. In the meantime, I'm thinking about posting a few things of Craig's List. 
  • Plan (and go on) a summer vacation - In Process; We had grand visions of renting a house on the Cape for a week but we would've had to book late last year to get something decent and in our price range.  So, instead we are going to plan some long weekend adventures with Evelina.  Outdoor adventures up north, beach weekends, etc.  
  • Have a date night with Chris AT LEAST once per month - FAILED; Our "baby sitter" AKA, Mimi, had surgery on her foot.  Walking up and down stairs with a cast isn't easy and I'm not ready to hire an actual babysitter yet.  Soon...soon. 
  • Tone up for Kate and Jason's wedding - FAILED; I have maybe lifted a weight 2 times and the wedding is next weekend.  Spanx will be required. 
  • Practice patience -I'm not completely achieving this goal but I'm not failing either.  I am well aware that I'm a work in progress and this is one of my character traits what will improve over time.  I'm trying my best. 
  • *Try* to worry less - Totally FAILING!!  Evelina still not crawling has concerned me, BUT, since she started army crawling a week or so ago, I feel a tad better.  
  • And most importantly, be the best Mommy I can be and have fun!! I'm *trying* to be the best and that's all I can do.  This past month has been very challenging and by the end of many days I just feel defeated.    

Here's hoping for more success in Q2.

No comments:

Post a Comment