Today is my birthday. When I was 33, I gave birth to the most beautiful little being and it was the most amazing year. A year full of pregnancy, excitement, anticipation, preparation, fear, challenges, frustration, joy, fun, love, and a new addition to our family!! 30 wasn't so bad either, but if I had to rank them, 33 would be at the tippity top of my birth years.
With this being the first birthday for which I am a mother, I've thought about how wonderful it must have been for my mother on this very day 34 years ago. Hearing that I was a girl, being introduced to me for the very first time and dreaming about what I would become. A feeling I didn't experience until my 33rd year, it now adds a new sense of meaning to this, my birthday, It's a moment I certainly will never forget each time that Evelina celebrates her birthday.
I don't know what 34 will hold for me but I am excited to see what it reveals. As long as Chris, sweet Evelina, crazy Violet and my family and friends are near by, I think it will be tops.
xo



Whew, the years really fly by. Keep writing in the journal and saving it somewhere because it is a real treasure to go back and read.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday and congratulations on your baby! I'm a new follower.
ReplyDelete