Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Zzzzzzzz........

Evelina is one day shy of 2 months and of course we are looking forward to the night when she actually sleeps through the night.  Now, many sources consider sleeping through the night to be a 5 hour stretch but my definition is 8 hours....although I would take 5 hours.  When she was about 3 weeks old she teased us with a 6 hour stretch and a few times since she has blessed us with a couple of 4 hours stretches but 5 hours seem like a pipe dream when most nights she can't even go more than 3 hours. I understand she is still tiny, needs to eat, only 2 months, that some babies aren't as good of sleepers, yadda, yadda, yadda but we all know how impatient I am!!  

I find it amazing that before Evelina arrived I required about 8-10 hours a sleep at night and I never thought I would be able to function with less, but I have adapted and I'm pretty happy with my 6 or so hours I get each night.  Ask me again if I will survive on 6 hours when I go back to work but I'm trying not to think about that just yet.  

In the meantime, I am still quite happy that she had a 5 1/2 hour stretch last night.  I don't know what we did to deserve it or what caused it to happen but I am sure it was just a fluke and she will be back to waking every 3 hours, if not less, tonight!!  


Trying to stay positive and think about her cute baby smiles :-) 


And PS:  Not sure if anyone else is seeing a weird photobucket message when viewing the blog but I am and don't know how to get rid of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment