Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hawk

Since being on maternity leave I have seen lots of wildlife around the yard.  Groundhogs, turkeys (not in the yard, but close by), turtles, endless song birds, deer grazing and the highlight of the street, and a family of broad-winged hawks. 

These hawks glide above and rest on our trees on the lookout for their next meal.  No wonder we don't have many squirrels and chipmunks around.  Their unmistakable shriek can be quite a nuisance when we have our windows open.

The other day, Chris and I were doing some weeding and when I came in to make lunch I looked out on the deck and there was one of the hawks munching on something.  It was crazy to see him/her close up!!  I called Chris in quick and whipped out the super zoom lens.  The picture above is from our neighbor who is a photographer and the one below is the one I took of the hawk on the deck.   

No comments:

Post a Comment