Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Neighbors, Kids and Animal Tracks

Yesterday, The Gordon's, our neighbors to the right when looking out our front door, graciously opened up their home and hosted a holiday get-to-know-the-neighbors get together. It was the perfect Sunday for such an event since the weather gods were dropping more snow on us. If we had to drive over we may have reconsidered but the quick walk down the driveway with our contribution, Champagne, in tow was uneventful...meaning, I didn't fall on my butt!!

There are only 8 houses on our street which is good for me since it limits the number of names I have to remember (I am sooo bad at remembering peoples names). I think I have the adults down but the kids are another story. Luckily all of their names start with A except 2 so that helps. Anyway, it was nice to put faces to email addresses and get to know everyone a little bit. The kids were having a field day in the Gordon's well stocked play room or watching Cars while the adults hung out in the kitchen chatting and chowing on breads, quiches, bagels, ham, etc. Everyone seemed very nice and they were/are all willing to educate us on the develpment, neighborhood, Ashland, and anything else we need to know about. We had a nice toast in honor of the completion of the street and everyone, new neighbors excluded, is very happy that there will be no more blasting, jack hammering, or rock grinding disrupting their day to day any longer. Uggh....it must have been miserable!!

While we were all chatting, a few of the neighbors mentioned that they had deer or fox in their backyards occasionly. Even though I would like to avoid being exposed to any ticks, I would love to see some deer. The deer or fox must have known we were chatting about them because when Chris and I were walking up our driveway on the way home, we saw animal tracks all up the driveway leading to the backyard and up into the woods. Pretty neat. I am leaving the camera in the kitchen for any potential wildlife photo ops.

PS: I didn't take any pictures at The Gordon's in fear I may scare the neighbors off. Maybe the camera will appear once the Summer arrives and we have block parties.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know your neighbors. We had a pretty close knit neighborhood growing up. I enjoyed that. Southie used to be like that too, but now people move out within a few years of moving in. :-(

    ReplyDelete