Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

2.0 | 37 Weeks 6 Days

How far along? 37 Weeks 6 Days
Baby’s Size: Pumpkin - how apt
Total Weight Gain: 28lbs
Maternity Clothes: Yes, and I'm so over them.  I love getting new things in the fall and I'm jealous when I see other women in cute, cozy fall outfits while I feel dowdy in my maternity clothes....and sneakers.  
Gender: Little girl #2!!
Movement: Lots, although over the last day or so, she has been chilling more.  Maybe she is getting ready for her arrival? 
Sleep: Totally sucky; the carpel tunnel has really had an impact at night.  I sleep pretty well for my first stretch, but after that, I am up constantly or don't even go back to sleep because my hands hurt so badly.  I am averaging about 5-6 hours a sleep a night, which isn't enough for me.  I wear a night brace and it helps somewhat, but not nearly enough.  My poor thumb on my right hand is the worst.  Man, it feels like it is going to fall off due to the frost bite/burning sensation that just won't quit.  Ugh.  I hope it doesn't take long to go away after Siby is born. 
Symptoms: Swelling/fluid retention, carpel tunnel in both hands, the return of some heartburn in the evenings. 
Best Moments this week: I graduated from the gestational diabetes clinic this week...YAY!!  I still have to track food and take my blood sugars just to be on the safe side but not more appointments.  We also got to visit with Siby again at 37 weeks to check in on her growth.  She looked great, was practice breathing with ease and, per usual, covering her face so we didn't get any pictures.  We did see some evidence of chubby cheeks and even a tidbit of hair (not much), though.  She was tracking at around the 7lb mark (60ish %ile).  We have no doubt she is going to be a bigger babe then Evelina was. 
Food Aversions: Nothing.   
Food Cravings: Sweets. 
What I miss: Wearing shoes other than sneakers.  I didn't have this issue when pregnant with Evelina, but the fluid retention in addition to my feet literally growing in size has not been fun.   
What I am looking forward to: Meeting our little one and introducing her to her big sis!! 
What Else?  On this exact day of my pregnancy with Evelina, we got to meet our little peanut in the flesh.  I keep trying to remember the day before I went into labor with her, looking out for some signs and symptoms that labor was imminent, but I can't recall anything other than my body "cleaning" itself out after months of being "backed-up".  Will it be the same this time around, will contractions be more obvious at the beginning since I have already experienced this once before, will I go into labor during the night, while I'm at work, will my water break at the start, will we have to drive to the hospital during rush hour, will Mimi make it to Ashland in good time to be with Evelina?? The unknown and the suspense is killing me!!  Gaaa!! Only time will tell.  Siby will arrive when she is ready :-) 

This may be the last 2.0 weekly post so wish us luck!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment