How far along? 34 Weeks
Baby’s Size: Butternut Squash
Total Weight Gain: Holding at about 24 1/2lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Yes, and praying that the weather stays somewhat warm until I deliver. I'm having trouble fitting into any of my maternity jeans and most of my shoes (other than flip flops), and I really don't want to buy any more maternity clothes.
Gender: Little girl #2!!
Movement: Lots.
Sleep: I'm still sleeping without the body pillow which is amazing to me. I just feel like I would be more uncomfortable in bed with a big pillow taking up space then without one. Other than Evelina waking at night and joining us in bed (we're trying to eliminate this), I've been waking up a lot due to my hands falling asleep. It has become quite painful and will radiate into the morning as well. I consulted Dr. Google and it seems like a common problem which may be caused by pressure on certain nerves from the baby. I'll have to ask my midwife Midwife Mimi her opinion.
Symptoms: Although my heartburn has improved greatly since modifying my diet, I've still had a few nights that I'm bothered by it. It isn't half as bad as it once was though so I'm not complaining. Also, the hands falling asleep problem is quite annoying.
Best Moments this week: Making progress on the nursery and Evelina's big girl room!! Ahhh...it makes me feel good.
Food Aversions: Nothing.
Food Cravings: Sweets.
What I miss: Easily getting around.
What I am looking forward to: Evelina's dresser finally arriving so we can really make a dent in both kids rooms, put clothes away for Siby, etc. I want to scream at The Land of Nod right now. I am in full blown nesting mode and their delivery service is putting a hold on progress.
What Else? I'm experiencing a little bit of anxiety around not knowing exactly with Siby is planning to arrive. I assumed with Evelina I would be late, but she surprised us and was 15 days early. I asked my midwife what the odds of delivering early again would be and she thinks they there is a good chance of it happening again. The latest they would let me go before induction would be 41 weeks dues to gestational diabetes. Now that we have another child to worry about, my anxiety level is slightly higher this time around. Where will Evelina be when I go into labor, will Mimi be able to make it down in time before Chris and I have to go to the hospital, will my labor be quick again like the last time, will my water break earlier, etc? So many questions that I can't answer. Oh the joys of pregnancy and the anticipation of the arrival of a new life. There is nothing else like it really!!



No comments:
Post a Comment