Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dada #1

Evelina has been saying "Mama" since she was about 9 months.  It was so exciting when she started saying it since up to that point most of her babbling was about "Dada" or babaquabadabalara.  She is learning new words weekly now and we know she can say "Mama" but she flat out refuses!!  She will say mama on occasion/if she is in distress, she will point to a picture of me when we ask her where mama is, or she will physically point to me if I'm in the room, but that's where it ends.  Over the last few weeks she has only called me "Dada". 

Even though I know that this is temporary and probably just a developmental thing, it still makes me sad. I'M MAMA!!!

So until she moves beyond this phase, I have changed my name to "Dada #1" and Chris is now "Dada #2".  I deserve to be #1...I pushed her out. 

1 comment: