As much as I'm drawn to grays and golds these days (dining room, kitchen...and hopefully re-painting the living room and front entry soon), I would like to do something a little bit different in the basement. I'd like a warm space but not too dark since there are only 2 tiny windows that will be exposed. We will have lots of canned lights to brighten up the space, in addition to some ambient light so hopefully it doesn't feel like a cavern.
This room caught my eye and I really like the beige and blue combination. Perhaps with white accent furniture instead of darker wood-tones. My goal will to try to prevent it from looking too beach-y/nautical.
Potential color palette: Benjamin Moore Bleeker Beige, Hudson Bay and Simply White
This is the flooring we have chosen for the living area. It's actually a vinyl floor that looks like wood, great for basements and can take a lot of wear and tear. We still need to go search for mudroom tile.






I think if you add texture in those colors in your fabrics (or rug), you can prevent it from looking beachy. I can't wait to see it!!
ReplyDelete