Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tidbits from Half Birthday

Everyday Evelina learns something new or does something so incredibly adorable. It all happens without her even knowing it.  Simple things that most people wouldn't even notice (well, except for 1st time parents) but when we see or hear about them,our hearts melt and she makes us more proud of her than we already were minutes earlier.  

When I read Evelina's daily report from school yesterday, I saw this:  

"Evelina was so gentle and kind to our baby dolls today.  She rubbed their backs to sleep!! Awww..."  

Seriously, how cute!?  I can just imagine how sweet she was being to the baby dolls.  Even giving them hugs and kisses.  Don't get me wrong, the child knows how to chuck her baby faster than you can say gentle but she is learning.  

 
Then, last night, before bed, Evelina picked up one of her favorite books, "Time for Bed".  As she turned each page and saw the animal that was going to sleep she would either say the animal sound, sign the animal, or say the name of the animal, without even being prompted.  I looked over my shoulder and she was signing "Fish" (I didn't even know she knew how!!), she turned the page and said "Baa" for the sheep, and said "Bee" when she saw the Bumble Bee, and so on.  So amazing to me that she can flip between sign language and verbal language and sometimes use both at once.  Her brain actually knows when she only knows the sign and vice versa.  Pretty cool!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment